OCEANIA aims at ensuring the future of French Polynesia's cetaceans populations, thanks to the studies we undertake throughout the year, to then propose conservation measures.
To do so, various research, conservation, training and awareness programs are undertaken.
What do we do?
- We share ideas, projects, skills and knowledge to develop study programs on French Polynesia's cetaceans
- We create research and conservation programs to have a better understanding on French Polynesia's cetaceans
- We set up innovative projects
What needs need to be met?
- Inform local populations on cetaceans
- Train passionates to develop their knowledge, hence using their skills for science purpose
- International influence of French Polynesia
- Bring knowledge on cetaceans in an international perspective